Collaborate For Good
Following on from the success of our 2017 campaign 'Telling the story of the power of events during the UN Year of Sustainable Tourism' , Positive Impact is excited to launch their 'Collaborate for Good' campaign for 2018.
Every time events share their positive impacts, people from the events industry and beyond are inspired by the action of others. This encourages a positive change of behavior in the world, resulting in people collaborating to create a world that works for everyone.
100% of sponsorship accumulated will be spent on achieving the following goals during 2018:
- Identify 100 collaborative initiatives to create research and gather data;
- Create and share 100 road-maps to demonstrate how the global event industry understands the power of events and is committed to a sustainable future;
- Share over 1,000 stories about the power of events to meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Support over 2,000 Positive Impact ambassadors to be in action and make a difference.
How to get involved
At Positive Impact we want to collaborate for good, highlighting the role of the events to meet the UN SDGs. Everyone in the industry is invited to be part of this initiative and opportunities for action include:
- Sharing examples of sustainability best practice on #CSRshareDay next 23rd April to reach the goal of 2 million people within the industry;
- Contributing to the creation of bite sized education so over 20,000 event professionals receive education on key issues from the sustainable development goals to choosing a sustainable destination.
- Becoming one of over 2000 ambassadors championing sustainability in your local market.
Positive Impact exists to create a sustainable event industry. We are a global not for profit which provides education, training and inspiration to our community of over 18,000 people.
We take a collaborative approach and work with many partners, including industry associations, universities, media and sustainability experts - with a campaign reach of over 1,600,000.
In Europe alone, the value of the event industry is estimated to be $1.59 trillion. Events bring people together and provide opportunities to collaborate, create and innovate solutions to create a world that works for everyone.
The United Nations have 17 Sustainable Development Goals, which governments and businesses are strategically working towards - and events are an essential vehicle to reaching these goals.
Sustainability has three main pillars - Social, Economic and Environmental. The latter is the one that most people remember, but they are all important. Positive Impact's goal is that during all aspects of the event planning process - from idea to post event debrief - the social, economic and environmental impact of that event is considered. Imagine if every event that took place in the world had a positive impact in these three areas... the world would change!
We are proud to be working with a global community of industry associations, reaching 90,000 event professionals, multiple international media partners and Universities around the world.
There is a strong business case for supporting sustainability. Stakeholders and staff want this from you. Equally, millennials are the most sustainability conscious generation yet and according to Nielsen and Deloitte, as "an influential and rapidly growing consumer market", it's important to "engage in sustainable practices or their future growth could be at risk".
Employees who are the most committed to their jobs put in 57% more effort on the job and are 87% less likely to resign, according to a study.
To find out more information on how to be involved as a Sponsor or an Event Association please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and see below sponsorship pack. Or if you prefer, in just one click become a Bronze Sponsor for £500 / $700 / €600 and get your logo on the website: