#CSRshareDay is an online 24 hour twitter campaign where sustainability champions across the globe host an hour of conversation discussing CSR and sustainability. The campaign plays leading role in the organisation of the global initiative to share wisdom, ideas, challenges, best practices, and case studies with sustainability experts from around the globe, about how to make events more sustainable. The aim of the campaign is to:
- Share the stories of people who are making a positive impact on sustainability in the world.
- Get more people talking about specific areas of sustainability that may not be discussed on a regular basis.
- Connect people through the conversation of sustainability.
- Share best practices, creative ideas and more to inspire others!
Check out what our own Fiona Pelham has to say about the "Power of We" in inspiring others to create a sustainable future!
Since the campaign began in 2015, the twitter chat has passed through Cape Town, Sydney, Nairobi, Sofia, Copenhagen, Tokyo, Manchester, Harare, London, Barcelona, New York, Portland, Toronto, Ottawa, Mexico City and Bangkok just to name a few and has given professionals interested in events and sustainability an opportunity to interact and converse with people they might not normally have been able to and learn best practice on sustainability.
In 2017, the campaign reached 1,601,391 people, resulting in a worldwide conversation with hopes of inspiring and causing change for the better.
2018's campaign will be on Monday 23rd April, and the aim is to reach 2,000,000 people! With your attendance and engagement we can make this happen and have an even bigger and better impact.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED AND SUPPORT
To make #CSRshareDay a success once again in 2018, we need as much support and involvement as possible. There are many ways you can be involved:
- Sponsor the campaign! If you want to demonstrate a real commitment to a more sustainable future then we have a number of opportunities for you to align your brand with our work and communicate with our network. Click the 'Share your logo' button to sponsor £500 and have your company logo shared on this page, or check out our Sponsorship Information Pack below for all our packages!
- Be a campaign host! Enthusiastic and passionate about sustainability? Be a host and engage with people from across the globe by hosting an hour of conversation for us. Email email@example.com for more information on how to get involved.
- Follow @CSRshareDay on Twitter and keep up to date with campaign developments as we get closer to the event date and engage in conversations on Monday 23rd April 2018.
Example Tweets from 2017
Want to find out more?
Here are some free resources about the #CSRshareDay campaign.
"Being passionate about sustainable events and creating positive legacies for our conferences, #CSRshareDay is one of the best campaigns African Agenda is involved with! The inspiration, experience sharing, rich content and global connections formed during these 24 hours is just amazing and incomparable to anything else. We look forward to being involved for a third year running and for many years to come – and actively encourage everyone in the events and meetings industry to be a part of it!"
- Karen Hilliard, African Agenda